Sunday, June 20, 2010

Without You

Without you I never would have known that you may need to wash an article of clothing 27 times to get the stain out.

Without you I never would have experienced laughter through sheer exasperation and frustration.


Without you I never would have known that my blood pressure can go that high.

Without you I wouldn't know how to work the 25 remotes we have.

Without you I wouldn't know that you can swallow a nickel and have it come out the other end in a very short amount of time.

Without you I wouldn't know that I could engage in a very passionate argument with a three year old (or a four, five or six year old).

Without you I wouldn't know that dream catchers really work, if you just believe.

Without you I wouldn't know that drinking peroxide - if caught early enough - could be managed without much concern.

Without you I wouldn't know that a six year old needs a cup to play baseball.

Without you I wouldn't know what half the cars on the road are.

Without you I would have forgotten the rules to Candyland, the joy of running through a sprinkler and how much wonder there is in a bug, a leaf or a dump truck.


Without you I wouldn't know how stinking cool boys are.

In short, without you I wouldn't be me.

Happy 7th Buggers.

2 comments:

The Ravsten's said...

I guess we are pretty lucky to know how stinkin' cool boys are. Happy b-day to K1. And to you too. Love ya.

KaDee said...

Found your blog through facebook. Your kids are so cute. Happy 7th!