Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Delayed

Alright, this post is now officially six days old and for that - I apologize! But how can I let my baby sister's 27th birthday pass without reminding everyone why she is so A.W.E.S.O.M.E. (Side note: I never refer to her as my baby sister - mostly because she doesn't feel like that to me, but hey - if it gets under her skin a little then its worth it! haha)

So the cliche is that to know (said person) is to love (said person) but that's not exactly the case with April. I mean, I am sure many people love her just by simply knowing her, but if that's the extent of their relationship then they are cheating themselves. To really know April you have to be patient - you have to be willing to pull back the layers and see more than what she initially gives out. You have to work a little harder to discover how amazing she is. But all that work is worth it.

First off, she's got a dry, sarcastic sense of humor and a wicked sense of recall that allows her to always have the best come back at just the right time. She also is someone you can talk about ANYTHING to, and those kind of people are few and far between. She lets me make fun of her, and let's face it - I do that a lot. But its only because she makes it so fun (and she leaves herself wide open...).

Most of all, I can count on her. And we think alike. And she asks for my opinion and sometimes seeks my advice which makes me feel wise and worthwhile. And she's beautiful, which has nothing to do with why I love her but c'mon, she's freaking Audrey Hepburn.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday dahling ~ you're fabulous!

She's also the type to have a real ciggie to 'authenticate' the costume.

Unknown said...

Awe, thanks so much for the nice post. And for one of my favorite reasons for having a birthday, your song :) You're so sweet and I hope you have a wonderful birthday!!

Oh, of course I would have a ciggie. Go authentic or go home you know ;)