Monday, October 08, 2007

Bye Bye Baby


It seems lately that we've been saying farewell to a lot of "baby" things and moving on to the next phase of our life. While I am not overly excited about my children growing up non-stop, I can't say I'm sad about leaving the baby stage behind.

Here is a list of just some of the things we no longer need (hallelujah!)

* bottles
* diapers
* high chairs
* bibs
* baby food
* binkies (a.k.a. pacifiers)
* pull ups (except on K2 at night, and I can live with that)
* cribs
* a diaper bag
* traveling with a pack-n-play

And, some of the things we've been able to embrace:

* toys for children "3 and over" (though K2 is still guilty of putting EVERYTHING in her mouth. But that's just her - that will never change)
* step stools
* booster seats in daddy's car
* athletic gear/dance gear
* getting dressed on one's own
* playing in the backyard while mom stays inside and works
* long, thoughtful conversations
* chapter books

And finally, some things are considered "baby" but we love them so much they've now become a staple in our lives:

* wipes - for anything and everything
* carrying snacks everywhere you go
* no-spill sippy cups
* snuggling

So what about you? What things are you glad to see go, what things are you sad to see go, and what things will you never let go?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ACK! That first picture is ADORABLE! I'm glad to see less laundry (less messes, no diapers, yippee!). I'm glad to UNDERSTAND them. I'm not sad for a lot of things. I'd like to say portable snacks are great because of them, but let's face it - I toted those around before them.

Mama Bear said...

I look forward to the day when I can leave the house with out first checking to see if I have enough diapers, snacks, wipes and the ever present binkie to keep my wee one happy. Plus, what does it feel like to carry around a real grown up purse with only your things inside? I have forgotten. BTW - cutest Baby picture ever - seriously, were they really that tiny? plus, I love the grown up pictures. We miss you guys!